Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Introductions are in order...

Hello!

  Well I believe introductions are in order. My name is Justine Griffith and I am a 24 year old (non-traditional) junior transfer student from University of Idaho. My focus is elementary education grades K-4th with a certificate in literacy. Education has been a passion of mine since I was little, (maybe because my mother was a teacher) simply because of the positive impact of many of my primary and secondary teachers.

  My whole philosophy as a future teacher is to make education fun and hands on. I am a huge kinesthetic learner and would like to implement as many activities for students to take part in, which is why learning centers are going to used.  I believe the interactions taking place in learning centers are a huge part of their education, not only does the student get to choose what they want to get done first, but students also get peer tutoring if they get stuck and a teacher can't get to them. Both are beneficial to the student receiving the tutoring but the student who is helping gains a better understanding on the subject matter as well.

 Growing up in Northern Idaho has been very beneficial in my education. Since the class sizes were still small the teachers actually had time to help a student, it provided me with a one-on-one relationship with my teachers. This was helpful in providing the confidence I needed to succeed and put myself out there within the class when answering questions or math problems. This is just one of the many stepping stones that were used to help create my ideology of what education is all about; encouraging students to take initiative of their own education and giving them to confidence in who they are to complete the journey set before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment